Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Wednesday, July 20

Let Me Show You What's New

Oh ho ho ho HO! Now you're all in for it!

Blogger has just made it easy to upload photos. I've been crazy about taking pictures since I got my fancy, sleek 4mega pixel buddy last November, and now I can add them to my musings on line. Yeeeee HA! Here are some recent, and random pictures:

I finally got around to staying in a capsule hotel. My friend Laura and I (now known as Romeo and Mecrucio) spent a weekend in Fukuoka where we danced with J-boys in silly thug attire and slept in plastic pods equipped with personal air-conditioning, TV and radio. Our luggage was stored in lockers, and we used the communal bath.






Hercules sleeping in some creative positions. He's full of fleas and mites at the moment. I'm in search of some really good insect killer, especially if he takes his naps on my bed.











This is what I'm talking about when I say I have centipedes in my house.














Some of my high school students during Home Ec. class. They were nice and shared their sushi with me.

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Sierra said...

Hercules is such a handsome man! Good luck getting those fleas taken care of... I'm sure they're no fun for either of you!

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A CAPSULE HOTEL! AWESOME! not much room for two...

I like your hair!

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn:
What a treat...pictures to boot! I greatly miss your humor and your presence. MOM

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hum ... another month ... another long period minus updates 'round here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home