Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Sunday, March 26

50 Things

Usually I have aversions to "things about me" lists, but this one had some fun questions, so instead of being in bed at a reasonable hour on a Sunday night, I spent my time doing this.

(I took it off of Russ' ilog. Thanks Russ.)

1. How tall are you barefoot? 5'2" or 5'3". The verdict is still out.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No

3. Do you own a gun? No

5. Do you get nervous before meeting the parents? Yes. I always worry about making a good impression.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them cooked so much they are wrinkly and kind of hard.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? 12 Days of Christmas.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I prefer coffee, but drink tea.

9. Do you do push-ups? No

11. Are you vegan? No

12. Do you like painkillers? Well, they do kill the pain. That can be a good thing. Like when I had
my wisdom teeth out. I really liked them then.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? My smile.

14. Do you own a knife? I own butter and kitchen knives, but not one you would find in a leather case.

15. Do you have A.D.D.? No, I do not think so. Maybe dyslexia.

16. Middle Name? Cherrie. I did not know how to spell it until I was in high school.

17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
1. I should be in bed.
2. I will probably have to wake up and pee tonight because I just drank a lot of water.
3. I will be bored at work tomorrow.

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought.
1. Cat food
2. Milk
3. Shrimp

19. Name five drinks you regularly drink?
water, coffee, tea, beer, soy milk

20. What time did you wake up today? 09:50ish

21. Current hair? Straight perm. Gotta love it.

22. Current worry? Am I making a mistake staying in Japan for a third year?

23. Current hate? W. The "prez."

24. Favorite places to be? On a beach. In the mountains. Outside. Cozy rooms with good people.

25. Least favorite place to be? On an airplane.

26. Where would you like to go? France

27. Do you own slippers? Yes

28. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? I want to be somewhere exciting and exotic, but I
think I will be disappointed in ten years.

29. Do you burn or tan? Burn, then tan.

30. Last thing you ate? Dumplings and guacamole. Not together, but during the same meal.

31. Would you be a pirate? Oh my gosh! Yes! (This question alone is the reason for me
completing this list.)

33. What songs do you sing in the shower: Whatever happens to be playing on my CD player
while I am in the shower.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? A creepy monster would sneak
into my room and steal the eyeballs out of my head.

35. What's in your pockets right now? Nothing

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Telling the “dog jaw” joke to my fellow teachers.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child? Strawberry Shortcake

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Rollerblade fall. I fell twice on the same leg, in shorts. Never
rollerbladed again.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 1

41. Who is your loudest friend? I do not know.

42. Who is your most silent friend? I do not know that either.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? Not to my knowledge.

44. Do you wish on the stars? Yes I do.

45. What is your favorite book? "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins

46. What is your favorite candy? Milky Ways

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? I have not thought about that.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Nor have I thought about that.

49. What were you doing 12AM last night? Watching a movie. "Sex and Lucia."

50. Do you love the pain a tattoo brings? No. Not really. I have tattoos, but I do not like the pain they bring. I hated the pain the one on my big toe brought. Never again.

5 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything with "jaw" in it is funny.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

Remind me to tell it to you sometime. It makes me giggle oh so much.

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am changing my name to Dirk Square-Jaw.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

What a handsome name. It makes me think of all that's good, American and wholesome.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a wholeseome American name would be Justice Mahoney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home