Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Friday, February 3

i blame the fleece

A haiku:

dons drowsy night fleece
clock strikes four; eyelash flutters
sun comes, still sleepy

I have been wiped out! I feel like a punching bag full of sand that, in it's heyday, had been worked over countless times by a gloveless Evander Holyfield, but has since been tossed aside to rot in mildew corner of a 1970's atmospheric Jersey gym with a seam coming undone.

I'm tired. I sleep and sleep but I stay tired and tired. Where is the justice in that? I'm so tired I actually feel justified in fouling up your computer space with lame haiku on a Friday morning.

And, if we can't do anything about constant fatigue? We embrace it. Go sleep-wantin' crazy today! Happy TGIF! (Pass around the cheer in the most obnoxious way possible, because the alternative is to sit, in black and red checkered pants, through another hum-drum day that just happens to fall a the end of the week.)

Oh, and by the way, I love my new fleece pajama pants. They are the most recent antidote I've found for restless, my nose stays cold all night long, sleep. I appreciate the little things in life.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALAN is my middle name.

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALAN is my middle name.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

I think Alberto has a better ring to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home