Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Sunday, April 9

And Another One Bites The Dust

I had a rockin' good time last night. Three young, single, fun ladies (which are a bit of a rarity in this dinky no-horse town) came over to my house for a party. Unfortunately, the islands population of young, single, fun ladies is being reduced by one. Tomoko is moving to Hokkaido for my dream job. She's going to work at an outdoor company doing a variety of jobs. You know, things like being a raft guide or hiking guide. Hey, at least I'll have a connection in the great wilderness.

That's Tomoko in the white. She's really excited about getting out of Ojika. She's been back here for about six years since she graduated from college.

The three of us who aren't moving to Hokkaido decided last night that we'd take a trip to visit Tomoko sometime in the near future. I'm not sure that's actually going to happen, but I know that with another year in Japan looming in my future, along with a hefty portion of disposable income (I should be saving) I'll make the leap, no problem.

I will miss Tomoko and her karaoke flavor. I will miss Tomoko and her boy stories. I will miss Tomoko and her ability to ROCK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home