Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Thursday, June 15

Gourmet.

I'm going to publish a cooking magazine. I'm going to include all of the delicious concoctions I've created whilst living in my island paradise. You know, things like Re-heated Rice with Mayonnaise Glaze and Cocktail wieners Accompanied by Ritz. It's going to be a hit. I just know it. I'm going to call it Gourmet. Don't forget the period. The period makes the magazine.

(Don't even try to tell me it's a plagiarism of the Australian foodie magazine Delicious. because it's not. It's a whole different word for heaven's sake!)


Here's a page from Delicious. This is a pastry sheet topped with strips of zucchini, feta and fresh mint leaves.

Here's a photo to be included in the first issue of Gourmet. It's a pastry sheet topped with eggplant, shrimp, Gouda and black olives.

Damn, I'm good.

6 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

The font is funky and I can't get it to calm down! What's a foodie to do?

 
At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum
except for the black olives

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

What's wrong with you? You don't like black olives? DUDE!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Sierra said...

The font is one of my favorite things about this post!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn you are nuts....but very clever.
Your Mom of course.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

I'm not nuts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home