Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Thursday, May 11

Once Upon A Time...

I just had my small group of seniors write collaborative stories in first period. I gave them the first sentence and let them write whatever they wanted after that.

Here's what they came up with. I think they're awesome.

Once upon a time, there was a teacher who disappeared from school. But, he was found. He was found in the forest. He was found with a fairy. The end.

Once upon a time, there was a woman who had 17 children. She loved every children. She children were all girls. Everyday, they spent a happy life. The end.

Once upon a time, there was a student who could talk to birds. She could talk to animals. She talked to many animals and they were good friends. They enjoyed everyday. The end.

Once upon a time, there was a girl who ate bugs. She came to love bugs. She loved bees the best. It was a special taste, so she loved it's taste. The end.

Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved chocolate. He ate chocolate everyday. He became fat. He did not work. The end.

Aren't they great?

I remember doing this in college, with friends at a local bar/eatery. Maybe I only did it once or twice, but having my students do this activity this morning flung me back to a time where I would have to peel the notebooks being passed around off of green plastic table cloths at St. Ives -- the smell of oily french fries and fingerprinted ketchup bottles laid thick in the air.

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That almost looks like St. Ives Pub and Eatery.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

It is, foo'! I ate there with Scotty when I was home last December.

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you were home in December. And dinna contact me. BAH!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

You KNEW I was home, yo! I'm sure I told you! Besides, I couldn't have seen you. I would have exploded with happiness and that would have been messy. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home