Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Tuesday, June 20

If Mona Lisa's Smile Looked Like This....

I had my final lesson at Madara elementary school yesterday. The kids drew a collaborative portrait of me during our last class together. I was put in a chair at the front of the room and told not to look at what was being drawn behind me. The kids took turns drawing my features.

I was a little worried that my scraggly chin hair had gotten unruly, but when I asked Yukimi about my beard she said she had made a mistake and stopped before she did any more damage. Yuji picked up the marker first and had the hard task of creating my nose. To be fair to him (and me) he didn't have any other features on the paper to reference my honker, so maybe it wouldn't have looked so big if my other attributes were a little larger in scale. Anyway, it's a wonderful portrait. I love it.

From left to right: (Front) Yusuke, Yuji, Yuka, Yoichi, Kaori. (Back) Erika, Me, Yukimi.

5 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes...looks like the young girl I met, so long ago, back in college...

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah
the face of the girl I met so many years ago ... ... ...
lol
;p

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

I'm still gorgeous, huh?

Not to mention, modest as well....

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up on your blog since I have been gone for a few days. You have to love the children. You have enriched their lives as well as they have enriched yours for sure. MOM
Pretty good image, but Iam not sure Dr. Eisenson would agree!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger biginkyiv said...

Whoa!

There's a blast from the past! Romeo, where you been, yo?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home