Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Friday, July 7

Jikan ga nai yo!

Well, here it comes. The end of an era. I've set my date and have packed my bags (well, not yet, but I'm getting there). I'm leaving Ojika on July 26th, which is in three weeks.

I had my first leaving ceremony with the elementary school yesterday.
These fourth graders were chosen to present me with a large bouquet of flowers and a picture, Then, they each gave a little speech.This is the nicest bouquet of flowers I have ever received.

And last night, I had my first goodbye party with the elementary school teachers at the yaki tori place.


Three weeks and counting. I'm just afraid I'll be fretting so much about what I have to get done that I won't fully enjoy all the attention and parties.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after "three weeks and counting"
where do you venture to then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home