Big In Japan

The tall tales of living the good life on Ojika Jima in the Goto Retto archipelago. That's West (South - depending on your geographical perspective) Japan. The whimsy of the place will only be catalouged here for a short while, so get it while it's hot.

Monday, July 17

Parties, Parties, Parties....

The ladies I made dolls with over the last two years treated me to an awesome dinner at Taiko. We had sashimi, curried chicken wings, fish bones in soup, fried shrimp and fried pork with cheese.

It was the first time I'd seen them all outside of our making dolls on Tuesday nights. Conversation was a little awkward to start, but when we left the restaurant at 9:30 I was shocked that we'd been there for three hours. I actually asked the woman giving me a ride home if the clock in her car was right. Time flies when you're eating curried chicken wings and listening to Ojikans speak their-Ojikan Japanese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home